Driving Instructor of the Year.
Chris Greer, owner of Greer's Gears Driving School, awarded WINNER in the Intelligent Instructor Awards 2021.
Intelligent Instructor magazine recognised Chris Greer as being the #1 Scottish Driving Instructor of the Year after showing innovation for creating a youtube channel, building an impressive social media presence and a community for his learners both past and present.
In accepting the award Chris said "I feel truly humbled and immensely proud to have been nominated for this award. To go on and win it has just knocked me off my feet and it's so unexpected. I'd like to thank all my clients for being 'awesome' in making my job so much fun, for their continued support and collective trust in me to help achieve their aim of learning to drive and become the safest drivers in Ayrshire".
Greer's Gears Driving School is THE PREMIER driving school in Ayrshire offering driving lessons for manual, automatic and car + trailer / caravan towing. Our cars are equipped with dual controls and full safety features. We actively encourage our pupils in a positive client centred learning environment, giving personal commitment to help you gain your licence. With an outstanding level of customer service, we won't fail you. Contact us on 01292 502538 / 07983 689500 or email email@example.com.
Fiona McDonald ADI
Hi everyone! I'm Fiona. I qualified as an ADI in May 2022 having started my driving instructor journey back in May 2021. My daughter turned 17 at the beginning of that year and due to lockdown I ended up teaching her myself. From the start I felt really comfortable. relaxed and enjoyed the pleasure of seeing her progress.
Having worked in the world of software and managing information management systems for over 24 years, I decided it was time to do something to make a difference.
After trawling the internet looking at different options I found Greer's Gears Driving School. Chris was local, provided everything that was needed and from the first call with him and with his enthusiasm I knew it was the right route to go. With his support and guidance I progressed to a PDI trainee badge in January 2022 and then fully qualified in May 2022.
Seeing the difference you can make when pupils pass the driving test and having built their confidence to become a safe confident driver, helped me make the big decision to go full time with Greers Gears in February 2023 and I haven’t looked back. Here are the cars I use for my lessons. Book in for your lessons and I look forward to meeting you and helping you get On. The. Road.
Jennifer McMillan PDI
Hi everyone ... I'm Jen and currently training with Greer's Gears to become a driving instructor.
For the last 18 years I have been doing a job that I love, supporting adults with learning difficulties in their own homes to lead full and happy lives. I felt the need to have a new challenge in my life so decided that I would put my love of driving and teaching into practice and become an ADI.
After a bit of research and lots of information packs from various driving schools, I came across Greer's Gears Driving School and reached out. They instantly felt like the right driving school for me. It's been an amazing journey so far in my training; I'm really looking forward to qualifying and joining a great team of people. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in the course of your lessons.
Angela Mossie PDI
Hello everyone ! I'm Angela and with Chris' help I'm currently working through my PDI training to qualify as an instructor. I've worked in the care sector over the last twenty years; my current role involves supervising a team of carers and delivering essential home care for service users.
I started teaching my own Son to drive during the pandemic lockdowns and I really enjoyed the experience so much that 'if felt just the right thing for me to do'. Researching the process of how to become an instructor led me to 'Greer's Gears' and I started to follow Fiona McDonald's progress in her training journey.
In 2022 I decided to take the plunge and started my training with Chris and I haven't looked back. Yes, it can be demanding pushing oneself to learn new skills but perseverance, practice and patience are all key elements when learning to drive.
I look for ward to meeting you on your journey when you start learning with us.
Trisha Salam - Office Manager
Hello everyone - I'm Trisha and I'm the office manager at Greer's Gears.
Over the years with a nursing background I've worked in healthcare, medical helplines, administration and accounting. With years on not 'clicking with an instructor' and struggling with gears I started the search for an automatic instructor and found Chris. He got me to test standard really quickly and I passed first time; now I drive him up the wall by telling him he works too much !
We've become firm friends and when the business started expanding and he needed help, he reached out to me and here we are with everything happening at just the right time.
I really enjoy my job and take great pride and joy in speaking with you all and starting you off on the learning to drive journey. Such a buzz to track your progress and see your photos on our Facebook page when you pass. I know I'm chatty and helpful and thanks to chris I've been able to learn more about the training process than just driving. So, if you need any help or advice please get in touch as Im always happy to help. If I can't, I know a man who can !
Why choose us?
- Chris Greer has been officially recognised as driving instructor of the year (Scotland 2021).
- He remains within the top 100 instructors in the UK. In the TOP 20 for 2022 and 2023.
- Free use of our personalised app - Total Drive within which you can track everything linked to your learning experience.
- We offer you A Triple Guarantee.
- Lessons are provided for manual, automatic and car + trailer towing driving lessons.
- We help anyone resuming driving after illness or disability when an assessment is required using an adapted vehicle fitted with secondary controls.
- We offer DUAL CONTROL CAR HIRE to ADI's across Scotland.
- Complete an assessment drive for feedback on your ability before you book.
- A standard lesson lasts two hours which gives you value for money.
- No hidden extra costs. Only pay for what you want and need in your training.
- No hidden test day costs. You pay the test fee and hourly rate for vehicle hire.
- Block bookings help spread the cost. Book more and pay less.
- We accept and use all secure payment methods.
- Lessons are available by mutual appointment throughout the day, including weekends across all of Ayrshire.
- Door to door collection from home, school, college or place of work.
- Full range of courses with flexibility around times and allocation of hours.
- We can assist in your career change to become an authorised driving instructor. Full training provided.
- Greer's Gears are Currently recruiting motivated ADI's / PDI's to join us.
- We offer the choice of male or female instructors.
- We only employ fully qualified instructors authorised by the DVSA to provide the best client centred training in a courteous, polite, dynamic, professional way.
- We are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
What car will you drive in your lessons ?
Our tuition vehicle fleet includes:
- Volvo V40 - Manual.
- Mercedes A200 CDI SPORT- Automatic.
- Volvo XC70 D5 2.4L - Automatic Towing.
- Ford Focus ST line - DUAL CONTROL HIRE CAR.
- AUDI A1 Sportback Sline - DUAL CONTROL HIRE CAR.
- Ford Focus 2.0L Titanium Petrol - DUAL CONTROL HIRE CAR.
- Citreon C3 - Manual
- Citreon C3 - Automatic
- Ford Fiesta - Manual
- Ifor Williams BV106 box trailer
Our vehicles are all fully equipped with dual controls, ABS, airbags, air con, Sat Nav and fully adjustable controls.
We hold fully comprehensive vehicle, public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies.
Our interest is in your safety, comfort and enjoyment to enable a positive client centred learning experience in your lessons.
If manual geared cars are not suitable for you then we can and will adapt to your needs by supplying alternative options.